The West Eugene Village Homeowners Association is governed by the Laws of the State of Oregon, the recorded CCR's, the Bylaws, Rules and Regulations, and any Resolutions which have been adopted.
There are currently five (5) voting Director's Positions on the Board ...
President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, and Member at Large.
Chairperson works directly with Management and reports to BOD
The Association currently has established:
* Architectural Control Committee (is responsible for determining if homeowner lot/outside of the home changes requested by a homeowner follows all CCRs)
* Nominations Committee (helps to find people who might be interested in being on the Board)
* Finance Committee (gives input concerning all expenses and income requirements of the Association)
* Special Projects Committee (helps gather information for any special projects - this would include researching applicable laws and community needs, and writing for restatement the current out of date CC&R's and Bylaws)
Currently, none of the above committees has a full number of volunteers needed to have the committees be fully functioning as designed. Ideally, volunteer HOA members (at least 3 on each committee) would meet once a month in order to determine what needs to be addressed regarding whichever committee they are on. The Chair of each committee would then attend the Board meetings in order to report to the Board of Directors and Management. Often each Committee would be chaired by a member of the Board.
The Board would like to add the following Committees:
* Landscaping and Maintenance (keep track of landscaping conditions and report the need for maintenance of any common area facilities - mailboxes and covers, playground equipment, streetlights, etc)
* Newsletter and Community Events (help provide content for newsletter and ideas and assistance for community events)
* Rules and Regulations Committee (report if rule or regulation breakage is noticed) just so, maybe, ACC members are not having to do that anymore.
The duties of a committee member will vary. Time of year, conditions in the community, holidays, and more dictate how much time is required from any one volunteer. Usually, though, the amount of time is minimal (if committees are filled) and only the Chair is required to attend board meetings in order to provide a report from the committee they chair. Each committee is under the direction of the Committee Chair, who may or may not be a member of the Board.
Association Governing Documents
The Association documents listed below can be downloaded or printed.
* ACC REQUEST (includes criteria and forms)
* BOARD RESOLUTIONS (includes information request form)